Community giving has always been a strong company value at Westerlay Orchids. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Westerlay has increased donations through our 100,000 Orchids Challenge and our Box of Orchids Program (www.boxoforchids.com).
Since the start of the crisis we have donated over 40,000 plants to hospitals, firehouses, places of worship, schools and other community organizations during this unprecedented time.
Before asking for a donation, consider purchasing wholesale through our Box of Orchids Program. Westerlay has made wholesale packs available to ship for free anywhere in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Oregon. If you believe that the organization to which you are representing would best be suited with a full or partial donation, please complete the following request form and provide as much information as possible and your request will be considered in a timely manner.
1. Donations and nominations for our 100,000 Orchid Program may be requested using this form. Plants may be gifted to physicians, nurses, medical professionals or any essential hospital or volunteer staff.
2. Donations for for non-profit organizations may be completed using this form. Special consideration will be given to local (Santa Barbara County) organizations. Organizations outside of California will not be considered due to the nature and difficulty of shipping our product.
3. Requests must be reviewed and approved by the President of the company.
4. If you are not a non-profit, but your request will directly impact an essential service such as a food bank (for example you will be selling plants to donate 100% of the proceeds for meals for people in need) you may use this form.
5. Donations will be 2”, 3” or 5" potted Phalaenopsis Orchids, with colors and amounts at our discretion.